Short and sweet. A simple 3D model of stomach with gastric ulcer sculpted and painted in Zbrush, which I just used for the first time. Although I was able to get used to the sculpting in ZBrush, it was definitely a struggle to get used to painting with it. And even though I was warned, I learned the hard way how unfriendly the UI for Zbrush is, especially for a first time use and coming directly from Mudbox.
Future Plans: find out an effective way to cut a straight edge in Zbrush and fix the whole “someone took a bite out of my stomach” vibe.
This is the (mostly) finalized render of my Polycystic Kidney. It was sculpted and painted initially in Mudbox (based on photos of real polycystic kidneys) and exported into 3D Studio Max as a lower poly model (a model that is not as exact, but a much smaller file size). It then had to be (constantly) adjusted to emulate what I had made in Mudbox.
With an accurate, healthy kidney I extracted from Mimics (the program that generates 3D models from patient scans), I made this magazine spread/ad. The scene was lit entirely in 3D Studio Max and small adjustments made in Photoshop.
Tah dah! First of two major final assignments completed. This is a conceptual 3d render in 3d Studio Max and composited (heavily) in Photoshop, of gliadin (the toxin part of gluten) causing irritation to the villi of the small intestine in Celiac Disease.